MHU – Primary Therapist/Creative Arts
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and write treatment plans identifying problems specific to psychiatric evaluation and mental status with treatment goals including, but not limited to, leisure/recreational, money management, socialization skills and residential/developmental issues.
2. Write daily treatment progress notes reflecting progress/or lack of progress in treatment specific to goals in treatment plan.
3. Be able to work with and implement program for those client’s with co-occurring disorders.
4. Will develop and run on and off unit activities and socialization groups including group therapy/art therapy, recreational therapy and individual therapy.
5. When appropriate, will support family participation in the treatment process and will run designated family meetings.
6. Will report client progress to the coordinator and to the clinical treatment team. Will participate in all case review and treatment plan meetings.
7. All other related duties as directed by the Program Coordinator.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Master’s degree in related area with minimum of three years Mental Health experience with emphasis on Activities Therapy and Case Management. Must be highly motivated, good intervention and communication skills. Must be able to work in a team approach with professionals who have diverse backgrounds and approaches.
Case Management Skills
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the CMS Mental Health Unit location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full-time, Days Monday through Friday (40 hours).
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.