FULL-TIME, MON-FRI, 8:30AM-5:00PM
BREIF OUTLINE OF DUTIES
- Coordinates training related activities with job seeking skills, mock interviews, job interviews, job application completion, etc.
- Administers vocational interest inventory, time studies, vocational evaluations, tasks analysis, etc.
- Weekend and/or evening hours are required dependent upon individual work schedule.
- Assess individuals’ wants and needs.
- Devise, plan and implement job coaching strategies.
- Provides supportive on-the-job training to workers with ID/MH disabilities.
- Works as part of CATCH Supportive Employment team to market employment program to employers in the Philadelphia area.
- Identify employment positions and place ID/MH individuals into competitive employment in the Philadelphia Business community.
- Notice individuals’ strengths and instruct them how to make the best out of their strengths.
- Discover individuals’ motivation and help develop their skills.
- Counsel individuals on fine-tuning work habits/skills in preparation for competitive employment.
- Assist other employees with disabilities, coworkers, supervisor, etc.
- Keep track, oversee and document individuals’ progress.
- Update employee records.
- Create and present reports for management weekly.
- Other CIE (community integrated employment) duties as determined by IDD Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONS REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma, with minimum of two years prior ID experience. ACRE certification. Work related experience with young adults, individuals with ID/MH disabilities, knowledge of the ID service system, and prior Job Development or Job Coach experience is beneficial. Works directly with clients assigned to assess, search, and secure employment, then works with client and employer to monitor and assist with employment success or challenges.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This position operates out of the IDD location at 1421 Oregon Ave.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Must be physically able to: A) climb stairs B) take public transportation C) lift 100 pounds (2 person transfers).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.