SAU – Substance Abuse Counselor
2401 Penrose Avenue, 2401 Penrose Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America Req #64
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Addiction Counselor will function as a member of the River’s Bend team with the following major responsibilities:
1. Supervise and participate in clients daily scheduled activities.
2. Provide treatment planning and documentation according to Office of Drug and Alcohol (ODAP) regulations.
3. Deal with crisis/emergency situations as outlined in the River’s Bend Policies and Procedures Manual.
4. Work with the Facility Director in planning and implementing clients recreational/leisure time.
5. Counsel clients specifically in the areas of drug and alcohol awareness and crisis intervention.
6. Work as a member of a treatment team in the role of a substance abuse counselor.
7. Document client progress adequately.
8. Receive and conduct intake/admissions.
9. Participate in a weekly staff meeting.
10. Perform related work required on an ad-hoc basis by the Facility Director.
11. All other duties as stated and assigned by the Facility Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Master’s or Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree from an accredited university/college with a major in chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in the human services) or other related field which includes a practicum in a health or human service agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting. PCACB, CAAC, CADC or CAADC Certification preferred.
Bachelor’s degree individual must have one year of clinical experience in a health or human service agency or Associates degree with 3 years experience.
If the practicum or work experience did not take place in a drug and alcohol setting, the individual’s written training plan shall specifically address a plan to achieve counseling competency in chemical dependency issues.
Case Management Skills
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the CMS River’s Bend location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full-time Monday through Friday 8am-4pm.
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time;
C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.