Transformed Day Program – Senior Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Brief outline of position:
• Assist assigned People in Recovery (PIR) in defining and progressing toward self-defined recovery goals.
• Provide individual and group counseling for PIR utilizing an Evidenced- Based Practices approach.
• Insure that defined clinical documents are completed and updated in cooperation with PIR and according to program procedures.
• Assist in all aspects of recovery program as directed by Associate Director/ Program Coordinator.
• Facilitate psycho-educational, skills training, rehabilitation and therapy groups as assigned.
• Work in cooperation with CPS to provide case management and community integration for persons in recovery.
• Assist PIR to become familiar with and utilize existing community resources to achieve recovery goals.
• Work in cooperation with PIR in design and implementation of program schedule
• Assist Associate Director in monitoring staff use of time.
• Monitor activity schedule for development and implementation.
• Serve as liaison with vendors and authorized administrative staff.
• Oversee inventory and purchase of supplies.
• In absence of Associate Director, communicate if needed, with Director of Adult Mental Health.
• Assist Associate Director in quality review of clinical documentation.
• Supervise Certified Peer Specialist.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Master’s Degree in Psychology or related areas; experience in mental health field and knowledge of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Model. Some supervisory experience is a plus.
Willing and physically able to: A) Climb stairs; B) Stand and Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Restrain clients in emergency situations; F) Use public transportation.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the Emergency Evaluation Center (Crisis Residence) program.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position works Full-time, Mon-Fri 8am-4pm.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.