Adult Blended Case Manager
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Adult Blended Case Manager will help consumers navigate the mental health care system, advocating on their behalf and linking them to resources found throughout the city. All work is performed in accordance with City, State and Federal regulations, CATCH policies and procedures, and professional mental health standards.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF DUTIES
- The services provided will include, but shall not be limited to:
- Assure all consumers on the assigned caseload receive a functional assessment to identify skill deficits and strengths to establish treatment goals.
- Develop and implement a written service plan for each consumer assigned to the caseload.
- Identify and connect the consumers to appropriate clinical and community resources necessary to meet the needs identified in their functional assessments.
- Update and maintain all case management records.
- Provide services that diffuse or resolve crises in order to prevent unnecessary use of emergency rooms, in-patient services and mental health court.
- Provide 24-hour response to consumers in crisis, including wearing a beeper or cell phone.
- Participate in interagency team meetings.
- Connect the consumer to behavioral health and social service agencies to assure there are no gaps in service.
- Make home, hospital and community based visits at a minimum of every 14 days (or more often as determined by the consumer’s level of care).
- Other responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in any of the social sciences and two (2) years experience in public or private human services with one year of direct client contact required. Working knowledge of Crisis Intervention, the Philadelphia Behavioral Health and Prison Systems, Community Resources (i.e. Department of Public Welfare, Educational Law, Office of Social Security and Disabilities and Mental Health Advocacy Programs) required.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Intermediate skills Microsoft Office
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
The position is mostly out in the community with exposure to weather conditions but at times can also work in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The employee works in varied residential/commercial environments based on assigned caseload.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. May need to be available to work an on-call 24/7 rotating schedule.
Must be physically able to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Valid driver’s license and access to a car and/or must be able to use public transportation; F) Assist with restraining clients in emergency situations.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will need Valid driver’s license, and/or public transportation and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.