Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and
technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences
that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the
crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that’s as
nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample
learning and career growth opportunities. We think you’ll find the Institute
offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We
are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Guest Experience Associates are the main point of contact for guests
while they visit The Franklin Institute and are responsible for several aspects
contributing to the success of day-to-day museum operation. They will be
skilled at guest relations, ticket and member sales and general museum
- · Provide and promote excellent customer service in an enthusiastic and
engaging manner while demonstrating in-depth knowledge of The Franklin
- · Assist guests with developing a plan of action for their day’s activities
by providing personalized suggestions and disseminating museum information.
- · Utilize Galaxy Point of Sale ticketing system to process visitor
transactions including but not limited to selling tickets and memberships,
scanning and verifying tickets, and applying discounts while practicing proper
cash handling procedures in a professional and courteous manner.
- · Operate exhibit and gallery entry process while answering questions and
providing guests information on how to navigate the exhibit in an outgoing
- · Resolve sensitive guest situations on an individual basis through
personal interaction and guidance from the Guest Experience Management team to
determine and provide an appropriate level of guest recovery.
- · Actively monitor the ticketing and planetarium queues to maintain crowd
- · Assist guests with special accommodations and in emergencies.
- · Actively participate in a fun, positive, and inclusive team-oriented work
- · Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- · Perform other duties as assigned.
- · High school graduate, GED
- · Superior customer service and communication skills with a professional
- · Ability to work independently and unsupervised in areas of the museum, as
well as contribute within a team structure
- · Outgoing, positive, team-oriented personality with an ability to
appreciate and empathize with the feelings of others
- · Excellent cash handling skills
- · Ability to arrive at work location for all scheduled shifts on time
- · Adheres to all established museum policies and guidelines
- · Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours without a break
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups
often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that
someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes
you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected
As a condition of employment at The Franklin Institute, employees
must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to
requests for accommodation.