The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of
Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and
technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences
that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the
crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as
nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample
learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute
offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We
are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Events and Catering Manager is responsible for the planning and management of
catered events at The Franklin Institute.
The Events and Catering Manager plays a critical role ensuring that all
events at The Franklin Institute are sophisticated and welcoming and that lifelong
memories are created at every event.
The Events and Catering Manager will also be responsible for:
- Develop and execute operational plans for events at The Franklin Institute.
- Be primary contact for all incoming wedding inquires to ensure that communications
are timely and accurate with a focus on sales according to departmental
- Responsible for implementing and facilitating all logistical and operational correspondence
with event clients in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensure client satisfaction with every interaction.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute Banquet Event Orders for assigned events to provide
museum staff with all necessary event information.
- Attend Banquet Event Order meeting and perform as a team leader to relay the necessary
information regarding the event plans.
- Supervises all event staff, event managers, and vendors during assigned events.
- Maintain the daily event calendar.
- Liaises between all event vendors and TFI
- Onsite manager for all internal events and weddings; will include weekend events.
- Assist with event follow-up including surveys and thank you letters
- Assists sales managers with client visits when needed
- Assist with answering phones and incoming sales calls when needed
- Attends, participates, and reports banquet event order information at weekly operational meeting
- Collaborate with other departments within the museum to ensure that all internal events are
successful and clients are well taken care of
- Bachelor’s degree is required, plus a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in an event
planning function, or work experience in a similar industry
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and motivating skills including the ability to build strong
relationships with customers and staff
- Demonstrated track record building successful client relationships
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Prior experience and knowledge of the process for hiring, training and overseeing
event staff is required
- Experience managing all aspects of large events
- Ability to stand for long periods of time possibly from two to eight hours is required,
and the ability to lift tables, chairs, and event equipment up to approximately
40 pounds on occasion is required
- Proven ability to work with sales staff, clients, vendors, and other departments to
coordinate all details of an event
- Experience with Delphi software is desired
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week (Tuesday – Saturday),
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package
including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance and disability
coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous
wellness program benefits.
[email protected] (please
indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line). We look
forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs
only if they meet 100% of the qualifications.
We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the
qualifications for a role. If much of
this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a condition of employment at The Franklin Institute, employees must be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire, subject to requests for