As a member of the Leadership Team, the CFO is a critical leader in the organization who provides a strategy for how financing and funding can empower the expansion of Habitat PHL’s mission. The CFO leads, manages and is accountable for a team of three finance professionals, the Director of Home Sales and the Director of Restore. This individual seeks to ensure both team effectiveness and professional development.
This leadership role requires outstanding financial management, strong analytical and technical abilities and team-building skills. The CFO is a strong communicator with the capacity to convey financial health and forecast to diverse audiences including Board of Directors, colleagues as well as outside vendors including auditors, bank representatives and other service providers.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned):
- Demonstrate proven ability in developing models and conducting analyses that identify critical trends, support strategic decision making and create forward visibility.
- Lead, manage and foster accountability with the Finance Team, Director of Home Sales and Director of ReStore.
- Manage cash flow accurately, anticipating trends on forecasted results. Report the current and forecasted financial position of the organization to the CEO, Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions in partnership with the Finance Team (review budget to actual variations and determine the impact on forecasts).
- Develop and execute financing strategies including, but not limited to: mortgage sales, securitizations, new market tax credits, lines of credit, construction financing, and home sales pricing.
- Lead annual budget process and work with Program Directors across the organization monthly to control costs and stay within budget.
- Work with Program Directors to drive financial performance, and track and manage/reduce program costs.
- Assess current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes.
- Establish and oversee financial safeguard policies and internal controls to ensure organizational stewardship of financial resources.
- Serve as the staff lead on the Finance and Investment Committees of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the annual financial audit and preparation of the Form 990 tax return: facilitate annual worker’s compensation audit.
- Manage all organizational insurance coverage to include worker’s compensation and audit, general liability; fleet auto coverage, directors’ and officers’ (D&O) policy, rental, medical and homeowners’ association, etc.
- Provide all required documentation for compliance and reporting.
- Monitor mortgage portfolio including current loans, delinquency, and servicer relationships with the Director of Home Sales.
- Vaccinated against COVID 19. Proof will be required.
Education and Experience:
- College graduate with a degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience as Controller/Accounting Manager; CPA and or CNAP is preferred.
- Demonstrated Supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents – strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assume a leadership role, as well as a team member role, in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and make informed decisions that comply with policy and procedure.
- Attention to detail – data driven decision making.
- Commitment to transparency.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office proficiency, email applications, and accounting software and an understanding of how technology enables business operations and efficiency.
- Consistent and reliable attendance, with the ability to work on-site as needed.
- Managing multiple priorities.
- Willingly adhere to Habitat PHL’s employment policies.
Other Skills Valued
- Experience working with Abila similar General Ledger software, Paycom or other payroll/HRIS software, and Salesforce or similar CRM
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations
Physical Requirements to Perform Duties:
- Ability to be stationary for long periods at a computer
Benefits & Compensation
- This position is eligible for medical, dental, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through the Indeed application portal by October 17, 2022. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered. No calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, familial status, source of income status, domestic or sexual abuse victim status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law in any employment-related decision, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.