VARIOUS SHIFTS: 8AM- 4PM, 4PM-12AM, 12AM-8AM
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Residential Counselor will provide direct support to the facility’s residents. All work is performed in accordance with CATCH policies and procedures, and professional mental health standards. The Residential Counselor will function as a member of the Residential Service Team with the following major responsibilities:
BRIEF OUTLINE OF DUTIES
- Assisting in developing and carrying out individual plans for clients and in preparing them to make transition to a more highly structured residential/treatment program.
- Providing counseling and training for clients in areas such as personal care, life skills, conflict resolution, etc.
- Facilitating interaction among clients and co-leading group activities.
- Assisting consumers with learning and achievement of activities of daily living.
- Completing all documentation as instructed.
- Accompanying consumers on off unit activities.
- Medication Administration certification may be required for Personal Care Homes.
- All other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONS REQUIREMENTS
High School degree or GED required. Advanced studies in a related area preferred. At least six months experience in a human services field is required. This experience must involve direct contact with individual(s) receiving services. Willingness to work a variable schedule with weekend and holiday rotation.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
VARIOUS SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Must be physically able to: A) Assist client with personal hygiene; B) Assist with lifting client; C) Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and climb; D) Restrain clients in emergency situations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.