ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Psychiatric Technician is responsible for supervising residents during scheduled shifts and provides individual support (i.e., life skills) for assigned residents. All work is performed in accordance with state regulations, CATCH Policies and Procedures and professional mental health standards.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF DUTIES
- Intake and evaluation of consumers in crisis.
- Assisting in developing individual recovery plans for consumers and preparing them to make the transition to residential programs.
- Provide one to one counseling for those consumers who are having difficulty sleeping and documenting the counseling.
- Assisting consumers with learning and achievement of activities of daily living.
- Completing all documentations as required.
- Review the consumer charts for accuracy of daily documentation.
- Documenting in shift report log.
- Giving a verbal report to the staff of the oncoming shift.
- Contacting immediate supervisor in case of an emergency.
- Supervise mental health technician assigned to the shift.
- All other duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, Anthropology, Political Science, History, Criminal Justice, Theology, Counseling, Education or a related field and 5 years of mental health direct care experience, of which 2 years shall include supervisory experience required.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position is Full-time and works Mon-Fri, 12am to 8am.
Must be physically able to: A) Assist with lifting client; B) Carry heavy documents C) Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and climb; D) Restrain clients in emergency situations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.