Data Operations Technical Lead
Penn Interactive (PI) is a real-money interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Cherry Hill, NJ and Las Vegas, NV. As the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., we are poised for fast-paced growth in the sports betting and online casino space.
We are looking for a Lead Data Ops to work cross-functionally across with our data and analytics teams by building and managing a team responsible for maintaining 24×7 data availability, reliability and durability. We want to focus on automation and scalability, building pipelines, tracking alerts, tackling production issues and utilizing the latest cloud technologies. We want to build tools and utilities to make the Barstool Sportsbook & Casino more fun and engaging for our users while at the same time creating industry leading tooling around responsible gaming to keep our users safe!
You’ll be working with internal stakeholders, data and analytics teams, external partners, and other technologists across the business. This position requires a passionate data technologist – if you’re someone with expertise in cloud, dev/data ops, and operational processes and can maintain the fine balance of business acumen and deep technical knowledge, you’ve come to the right place. Here you can create the extraordinary!
- Manage a 24×7 operations team that support and responsible for Data Availability, Data Accuracy & Data Quality, Vendor SLA and Business SLA’s
- Govern the data operations framework across ownership, process documentation, service levels, data quality, performance dashboards, and continuous improvement efforts
- Run daily, weekly & monthly operational calls with leadership, teams, and stakeholders to track and prioritize the activities
- Responsible to build and improve automation processes for optimum cost efficiency of production
- Implement operational improvements through automation, which may require ingenuity and creativity, within data pipelines and operational systems
- Promote and implement standards and procedures, Work with the team to ensure conformity to standards and best practices
- Incident management, triage the activities and work with various stakeholders and communicate with timely updates
- Prepare for and respond to audits for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures
- Participate in the planning and implementation of DR, IT modernization activities, and systems integration
- Work closely with application development teams for production release cycles and ensure support processes have been followed
- Collaborate with Product, Data Engineering and Data Quality teams to support ongoing development and participate in release planning, training, and hand-off of new releases
- Manage operational processes at various levels of maturity, while maintaining consistent quality and throughput expectations
- Ensure visibility of all operational issues and metrics to management and leadership and proactively identify opportunities for operational efficiencies
- Use data to drive operational decisions
- Live and breathe operational metrics and reports
- Pull reports and build dashboards to support internal teams with data insights
- Five or more years of professional experience in data warehousing with at least 2 years working in the cloud environment
- Experience in a project management, portfolio management, business operations, analytics strategy role within a global technology organization
- Experience managing large-scale, enterprise projects and budgets
- Experience in partnering with Engineering and Product teams on cloud optimization, costs, and their impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Experience with high volume data processing and designing solutions for reliability and performance at scale.
- Experience in the following or similar technologies: AWS services, DBT, Postgres, Snowflake, Terraform, Python, Airflow, GitHub
- Experience with BI tools
- Experience creating data parity between production and lower environments such as DEV & QA
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with agile/project management tools like Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, ServiceNow, Microsoft Project or similar tools
- Required to be part of production deployments and the successful implementation of workflows
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery experience
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments