Senior Product Manager Money
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our ‘Best’ series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for our Credit Cards product, ensuring we are maximizing revenue, dominating in search, while maintaining the quality of our brand and product.
This person will work closely with the Money team and executives to define product strategy, monitor competitive sites and identify and optimize revenue opportunities while overseeing the implementation with the development team.
- Product: This position will require corralling of technology, design, SEO, editorial and other teams at U.S. News to create exceptional online productsThis individual will balance and coordinate efforts to optimize the user experience, product scalability, search engine performance and revenue opportunities. This involves creating product roadmaps, setting strategic plans and developing priorities with Executive Management. Work closely with the data team to provide best-in-class ratings and awards programs
- Content: Work closely with our editorial leadership to optimize the integration and presentation of information to consumers in the most intuitive ways. Ensure that SEO is a key component in the content development process
- Audience: The Money site’s success is predicated on building and sustaining a highly engaged audience. We need to focus on growth in areas where we can differentiate from online competitors. This means the successful candidate must continually study the competitive landscape and our site analytics to identify trends, obstacles and opportunities for growth. Incorporating user research is also an important part of this position, working closely with the UX team. This position must guide the team and organization towards becoming proactive in the marketplace. How do we get ahead of our competition by trying different concepts? Must be confident about analyzing results and making real-time product decisions
- Revenue: Work with performance marketing partners and the advertising team to maximize revenue. The successful candidate will also develop new strategies to grow revenue in meaningful ways without compromising our mission to help consumers with objectivity and editorial independence
- Compliance: This position will oversee compliance operations for credit cards and loans. This includes making sure that our site reflects accurate information provided by our partners. Compliance considerations need to be taken into account when developing new products
Success will be defined by (1) revenue maximization (2) search traffic (3) speed of implementation (4) expansion of new products.
- Minimum of 7 years of product management / business experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing successful projects and digital products
- Experience managing people
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to multitask and work on deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Experience with full product development lifecycle from concept to launch
- Familiarity with the Agile scrum workflow and the Product Owner role
- Deep passion for understanding and improving products and user experiences
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skill