Marketing Proposal & Pursuit Specialist
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Arcadis is searching for a Marketing Proposal & Pursuit Specialist, with over five years of experience, to join our growing Water Business Line team, and to collaborate with our planning, engineering, and construction consulting teams.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our national team with support from one of the best-qualified full-service water consulting firms in the country.
The Marketing Proposal & Pursuit Specialist, with the support of a strong internationally recognized staff, will utilize their expertise and knowledge of the full pursuit process, from positioning and capture planning through post-proposal submittal debriefing, in supporting client teams to successfully win projects. Their primary focus is the planning, scheduling, development, and finalization of responses to client requests for qualification, proposals, bids, and presentations that result in contract and/or project awards.
- Collaborates with other Marketing Proposal & Pursuit Specialists, Regional Directors, Area Leaders, Principal-in-Charge (PICs), assigned Pursuit Managers, and Project Managers (PMs) to support proposal preparation and production
- Participates in capture planning/win strategy development with key role of identifying proposal needs (e.g., resources, materials, information, expertise, etc.) and in developing and carrying out win strategy tactics
- Plans and conducts research of internal capabilities and resources to meet opportunity specific requirements, collects information/materials and works with capture/proposal teams to develop new or tailored information/materials
Serves as lead proposal manager or proposal support resource to accomplish the following:
- Review and interpret RFPs
- Develop proposal management plans
- Develop/manage/respond to data calls
- Develop kickoff and other meeting agendas
- Coordinate proposal team activities and meetings
- Develop/drive schedules
- Facilitate quality reviews
- Drive RFP compliance/requirements
- Meet proposal production and delivery deadlines
- Writes new text and/or tailors existing materials, which may include interviewing staff/technical experts, incorporating win strategy/capture plan information into text, meeting RFP requirements, and providing the most competitive RFP responses
- Assists other Marketing and Proposal Specialists with planning, reporting, research, client/PIC communication, etc. as needed/available
- Provides clear, concise written and verbal instructions and directions for proposal team action items and follows up on progress
- Develops proposal specific templates and data call requests
- Works with graphic designers and other proposal team members to communicate requirements, needs, and product expectations
- Coordinates with other Marketing and Proposal Specialists for resources/support, expertise, and workload balancing
- Performs a variety of data and knowledge management activities, such as updating, organizing, cataloging, and storing information for current and future proposal/marketing needs
- Supports business development pipeline information collection, updating and report preparation
- Supports other client development efforts, such as Corporate Marketing/Communications, High Performance Team and Tools & Systems Team as needed and available
- 5+ years of A/E/C industry experience as a marketing, proposal, or business development specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing, business administration, engineering, science or architecture or a related field is required (or equivalent professional experience)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor – speaks clearly and concisely, listens, and gets clarification in one-on-one and group situations
- Experience developing and writing proposals; thorough understanding of the RFP and proposal-development processes
- Writing and editing skills
- Experience in persuasive writing and developing features, advantages, and benefits
- Able to work flexible schedule (e.g., extra hours to meet deadlines, etc.) and able to shift priorities frequently while maintaining attention to detail, meet deadlines, and achieve high quality standards
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills; must be able to work and communicate effectively with diverse internal staff (technical, operations, client development, marketing/communications) and teaming partners and give clear, concise directions; able to understand and organize large volumes of information
- Experience with facilitation and strategy, capture planning, and developing vision statements
- Experience with corporate branding / marketing
- Experience with creative writing / technical writing
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office & Adobe Creative Suite.
- Advanced abilities in Adobe InDesign
- Graphic skills