General Manager, Head of Local Marketing
Job description: You’ll be the department head of Nerdwise Local Marketing Solutions, responsible for the overall growth and success of local business and franchise clients. In this role you’ll join the company leadership team and be supported by marketing, sales and customer success.
Requirements: The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience working in local marketing, directly with business owners and franchise executives. Skill sets should include proficiency with Facebook advertising, social media and email marketing.
Compensation: Base salary + commissions
Roles & responsibilities:
- Assist with customer acquisition, sales calls and contracts
- Execute new client onboarding experience and renewals
- Lead a team of customer success professionals
- Relationship manager with strategic accounts and franchises
- Participate in industry events, networking and marketing opportunities
- Ensuring the success of each client and their campaigns
About Nerdwise: Nerdwise is a fast-growing SaaS company with operations in Philadelphia, New York, British Columbia, South Africa, Puerto Rico, and elsewhere globally. We provide strategic services and software to the world’s leading sales teams and franchises including Fit Body Boot Camp, Deka Lash, CrossFit, Sandler Training, BTI, RAP Index, DP3 Tech, Reflective Energy, Lynk Capital Markets, TechAdvisors and hundreds more. Our software and services enable these companies to accelerate each stage of the buying process from prospect discovery to outreach and acquisition.
- Research new technologies and tools, make thoughtful recommendations, and clearly communicate trade-offs of adoption.
- Collaborate with engineering leaders to make recommendations about team staffing levels and hiring requirements.
- Identify opportunities for force multipliers that increase the productive output of the engineering organization.
- Contribute to client proposals that are strategic and/or will have significant organizational impact, due to their size, technology options, or cross-team impact.
- Provide backup and support to Engineering Leads, stand in for them in their absence, and provide a sounding board for difficult questions or conflicts.
- Integrate the company’s mission and values into decision-making.
- Support diversity, equity, and inclusion objectives and initiatives through people decisions, management practice, and other activities.
- Work with other executives to identify opportunities for internal R&D projects that will open new opportunities, advance our technical capabilities, and help the company operate more effectively.
- Represent the company in public forums through writing and speaking about our work and what you are learning.
- Coach and mentor Engineering Leads to support their professional development and cultivate professional development opportunities for engineers, in general.
- Collaborate with other executives to develop and implement organization-level projects and initiatives. In some initiatives the VP of Engineering will lead, and in others this role will support.
- Identify and exploit opportunities for improving and growing the organization.
- Allocate time and actively engage in learning and professional development activities that set a high standard for knowledge and excellence both inside and outside the organization.
- Actively share both failures and lessons learned through formal and informal means.
- Most recently held a senior role in a technology, software, or technology-enabled services organization and have experience in one or more senior engineering or technical managerial roles.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of and alignment with organizational mission and values.
- Have experience with organizations that build web applications.
- Demonstrate proficiency with core web technologies.
- Demonstrate love of learning and continual improvement.
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering engineering excellence within operational constraints.
- Be technically flexible, and allergic to dogmatism.
- Be familiar with using and querying relational databases.
- Have experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or another cloud service provider.
- Have a firm understanding of services based architecture and distributed systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to define and estimate engineering features and tasks accurately.
- Demonstrate solid communication skills and the ability to work effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues within a team environment.
Apply now:Apply with an intro email to: [email protected] News worthy of your time. Download the app