Part-time LPN’s needed! (Shifts Vary- 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am)
1. Maintain and/or complete clients’ vital signs, medical and psychological assessments, medical and psychological symptoms, and the documentation in the nursing progress notes.
2. Ensure proper and accurate transcription of physician orders and maintain accurate documentation on the administration of all medication, including verbal physician orders and individuals on self-medication plans.
3. Inform physicians of acute or ongoing medical and/or psychiatric problems, scheduled clinic appointment times, and the results of medical assessments and testing.
4. Schedule outside medical appointments and ensure clients’ transportation.
5. Review clients’ health plans, develop and manage medical and medication goals for clients’ comprehensive treatment plans including clients who are in the self-administration medication program.
6. Develop and runs nursing groups, act as co-leader in group therapy, and participate in treatment team meetings.
7. Act as a liaison between the clients’ physicians and the staff.
8. Provide training to clients and staff in the areas of hygiene, medication side effects, first aid, nutrition, etc.
9. Complete other duties as assigned by Associate Director or designee.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Current Pennsylvania LPN license, experience required. Plus, minimum 1 year work experience with adults with chronic mentally illnesses and/or drug/alcohol issues required. Prefer experience in BH residential or D&A recovery programs.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
job locations available in Philadelphia (2401 Penrose Avenue, 1019 W. Lehigh Avenue).
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Part-time, Shifts vary: 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am, Weekends, Holidays
Must be physically able to: A) Assist client with personal hygiene; B) Assist with lifting client; C) Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and climb; D) Restrain clients in emergency situations. E) Carry heavy files.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.