Part-time (Shifts vary: 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am, Weekends/Holidays)
Role and Responsibilities:
This position is under the direct supervision of the Security Supervisor and is responsible for maintaining security at assigned CATCH sites with the primary goal of safety for clients, staff and facilities.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled patrols of the inside the assigned buildings and the outside perimeters including the fenced-in areas.
- Establishes a liaison with the site supervisors/program coordinators to assist in security needs.
- Completes a patrol log during tour of duty indicating all security activities conducted.
- Provides a periodic presence of security at company parking lots.
- Conducts preliminary investigations of unusual incidents and submits written reports of same.
- As assigned, conducts in- depth investigations, coordinates investigations with supervisor and submits thorough written reports.
- Responds to fire alarms at assigned sites, ensuring that all occupants leave the building and notifies Facilities personnel on call of alarm.
- Notifies Police emergency – 911 – when Police presence is needed.
- Wears and maintains prescribed issued uniform; and interacts professionally and courteously with clients, staff and visitors.
- When assigned to Security Headquarters (Penrose), ensures operational readiness of electronic and telephone equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Security or their designee.
- Works various assignments, including twenty-four (24) hour shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High School or GED plus two years work experience required. Prior security work experience in a behavioral health company, hospital, or human services organization is preferred.
Must have physical ability to: A) Frequently climb stairs; B) Stand and sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy items; D) Bend, kneel and reach; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.